Thursday, October 8, 2009


When I made this bulkhead, I decided to make a couple lightening holes to save weight. Well, it turns out I was a bit premature. When I gave it more thought, I decided I don't want holes because I want as many air/water tight compartments as possible. That way if the hull is ever compromised, or we get knocked down and get water coming inside, we have more flotation to give us time to take care of things. So I ended up making a couple plug pieces to fill the holes once again. Now when the v-berth is finished, the forward part will be a seperate airtight compartment.

No comments: