Thursday, October 14, 2010

On With The Paint!

        







After locking myself in the shop for days, I've finally finished sanding.  It wasn't all that bad.  In fact, I filled and faired in about a week more surface area than the bottom of the hull which took about 6 months!  (of course that was winter and I had no idea what I was doing!)  So I guess I'm learning some things!  If I build another boat, I'm thinking it'll take less than half the time!
Anyway, I was glad to be done with the sanding and move on to some painting.  I'm using a two part epoxy paint (white for the decks and house)  These photos show one coat of Interprotect 2000E.  It rolled on very smoothly.  I plan to do 3 or 4 coats of white on the topside, and 4 or 5 coats of gray on the hull. Starting to look like a boat now!

No comments: